Though Books for Learning specializes in printable ebooks, eight texts are currently also available as printed booklets. These booklets are very convenient for classroom use, containing the same notes and comprehension questions as the ebook equivalents. (Because the booklets are limited to 48 pages, comprehension questions are not included with the longer texts, but are provided as a separate, downloadable file.)
Each booklet costs $5 AU (approximately $4.50 US), or $4 AU for orders of ten or more. Postage charges depend on location.
Texts available in this format are:
- Chicken Licken (View a Sample)
- The Three Billy Goats Gruff (View a Sample)
- Beowulf (View a Sample)
- Black Beauty (View a Sample)
- Doctor Dolittle (View a Sample)
- The Velveteen Rabbit (View a Sample)
- The Secret Garden (View a Sample)
- King Solomon's Mines (View a Sample)
If you would like further details about these booklets, please contact us for a quote. Please make sure to include the following information:
- which books you would like to order
- how many copies each book you would like
- where you are located (as postage costs vary depending on location).
These printed versions are paperback, staple-bound booklets that range from 28 to 48 pages. The text is printed on 80 gsm stock, and the cover stock is 250 gsm with a semi-gloss finish.
The dimensions are 140 x 210 mm (or 5.5 x 8.3 in.)—which is a trimmed A5.
The paper used for these books is sourced from managed plantation forests and is ISO 14001 accredited (Environmental Management).